Delivered at the Third Session of the Eleventh National People's Congress on March 5, 2010,
Wen Jiabao, Premier of the State Council
I. Review of Work in 2009
1. Strengthening and improving macro-control and promoting steady and rapid economic development.
2. Vigorously carrying out economic restructuring, and shoring up the foundation for long-term development.
3. Steadfastly deepening reform and opening up, and constantly improving institutions and mechanisms conducive to developing scientifically.
4. Striving to improve people's wellbeing and accelerating the development of social programs.
II. Main Tasks for 2010
1. Exercising better macro-control and maintaining steady and rapid economic development
2. Accelerating the transformation of the pattern of economic development and adjusting and optimizing the economic structure
3. Improving the balance between urban and rural development and strengthening the foundation for the development of agriculture and rural areas
4. Fully implementing the strategies of reinvigorating China through science and education and strengthening the nation through human resource development
5. Energetically promoting cultural progress
6. Vigorously ensuring and improving people's wellbeing, and promoting social harmony and progress
7. Firmly advancing reform and further expanding opening up
8. Working hard to build a service-oriented government that the people are satisfied with