- Half-off online sales on Taobao and Tmall drew in 213 million netizens, bringing about a record of 19.1 billion yuan ($3.07 billion) in turnover.Among the total, 13.2 billion yuan ($2.12 billion) was pocketed by Tmall, the Business-to-Consumer (B2C) platform and 5.9 billion ($948.1 million) went to Taobao, the Consumerto- Consumer (C2C) sales website.
- 360buy.com saw 4.5 million transactions worth of over 2.5 billion yuan ($402.3 million).
- E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc., a U.S.-listed online retailer, had over 100 million yuan in sales ($16.09 million).
- Suning.com of Suning Appliance took in 1.7 million orders, 20 times more compared to last year.
- Tencent Holdings Ltd.'s 51buy.com said its sales exceeded 120 million yuan ($19.3 million), more than 10 times its sales last year.
- Coo8.com received 260,000 orders worth of a record high of 240 million yuan ($38.62 million), almost 11 times more than its daily turnover.
(Data compiled by Beijing Review)